How To Override Night Service
Please follow these simple instructions to assign a feature code to your Samsung Business Phone System:
- 1. To set up a feature code for your phone system you’ll need to logon to your Samsung DM Tool.
- 2. Click on the DM Tool and login using the username and password given by the Technician upon installation.
- 3. You’ll now need to navigate to the section within the phone system where the feature codes are housed.
- 4. Click on 2 – Configuration, then 2.8 Numbering Plan, then 2.8.0 Numbering Plan – this will then present the numbering plan for the phone system.
- 5. We now need the features, so click on the drop down box and select Features. This will now bring up all the features available on the phone system.
- 6. In this example we will use the RTO feature, which can assist when changing the times the night service comes starts at the end of your business hours.
- 7. In the RTO field enter feature code: *2 and click save in the bottom left of the tool.
- 8. You will notice that a box appears saying there has been a duplication. This means the code is being used somewhere else in the system. In this instance click Discard.
- 9. You can then choose another feature – in this example use *1. This allocates feature code *1 for the RTO.
- 10. Let’s now take a look at the ring plans on the phone system. Select 4.3 Ring plan, then 4.3.1 Ring plan time and in here you will see a standard set up of normal business hours. Ring plan 2 shows standard office hours of 9am – 5pm. The aim of the RTO is to override this for times like Christmas and Bank Holidays. We’ve already set up the *1 code in the system but now we need to enable this on the phone itself. To do this press *1 on the phone and enter the ring plan number. In this example it will be night, so it will be ring plan 1 (press 1 on the phone) and the phone will tell you the service is in operation. This is an acknowledgement that your phone system is in ring plan 1 – the night feature. This will stay in place until you override it by pressing *1 and then 0 – this will take you back to your standard day and night service.